How to Plan a Kauai Family Vacation
Don’t have time to read a bunch of Hawaii blog posts and reviews? Here are some of our top picks for visiting Kauai with kids.
Best Kid-Friendly Kauai Tours/Activities
- Mountain Tubing (this is a low-key adventure for kids ages 5+ and it’s a personal favorite for my kiddos)
- Private Surf Lessons for Kids (this is the BEST way for your kids to learn how to surf in Hawaii)
- Kayaking Tour with Waterfall Hike (this is an awesome half-day adventure for older kids)
- Luau Kalamaku (you can do a little train ride and feed farm animals before the luau)
- Koloa Ziplining (this is the longest zipline on Kauai and a must-do for adventurous families)
- ATV Ride (my kids LOVE this tour because you can do a little fishing, go exploring, and you’ll get DIRTY)
Best Kid-Friendly Kauai Resorts
- Grand Hyatt Kauai (this is a personal favorite for my kids because of the water slide and saltwater lagoon)
- Royal Sonesta Kauai (my kids LOVE the pool here because it’s the largest one in Hawaii)
- Hilton Garden Inn (we like renting the cottages here because you can walk to a massive playground)
Want to Rent a Car in Hawaii?
One of the best places to rent a car in Hawaii is Discount Hawaii Car Rental because they get the best rates from top national companies like Alamo, Dollar, Thrifty, Avis, Enterprise, Budget, and Payless.